Lately, I’ve been feeling sort of blue, which explains the picture above.
Why am I blue? Well, for starters, I poured a bunch of cereal into the bowl without realizing that there wasn’t any milk left. This is the sort of fate I would not wish on anyone. Not even my enemies.
But in all seriousness, the main reason why I’ve been feeling so blue is because recently, I’ve been attempting to do these types of blog events that take place over a long period of time. I’ve tried a blog debate, blogging Divergent, and posting a week-by-week time travel novella. And they’ve all failed miserably.
I don’t blame you guys, though, because really, my blog’s too young to be trying these big blog projects that require lots of people and motivation.
Plus I keep coming up with unrealistic expectations for each of my posts. When I first check on a recently published blog post, I expect to have a billion likes, fifty-five thousand comments, for WordPress to Freshly Press the post twice and for the New York Times to write an article about me titled “Teenager’s Inspirational Blog Post Triumphs All,” on the front page.
^The sentence above was totally not a run-on sentence.^
The point is, I’m going to stick to normal posts instead of a series of posts that I’ll eventually lose the motivation to finish after a week. I’m also going to stop ending posts in big promises to write posts more often, because that usually ends in disappointed readers. And if I keep it up, you guys might pull off something similar to the French Revolution and execute me via guillotine.
Some other things I must tell you:
- The Doctor Who season/series finale is on today, and by the time I post this, all my pals in Europe will probably have seen this. So no one is allowed to comment on this post with spoilers until eight o’clock tonight, or I will personally hunt you down and kill you via guillotine.
- Breaking Bad, a show I just started watching recently, is the greatest show ever, with the possible exception of Sherlock.
- I will be awarding the next guest post to the 500th commenter.
- If the Doctor’s name (I really hope they don’t reveal it) ends up being something like “Jim,” I will be forced to kill Steven Moffat. Via guillotine.
- I’m not actually going to kill anyone, but I’m still going to be upset.