I’d like to thank Charlotte for nominating me for the Liebster blog award. I know I stated that I don’t take awards, but that was back in March, when literally 70% of the posts in my reader feed were award posts. Now I never see them. Also, back then I wasn’t doing NaBloPoMo, so I wasn’t as desperate for post ideas (especially since I have little over one hour before midnight as I’m writing this).
Also, I know this award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers, but I was nominated for this before I was Freshly Pressed, so deal with it. I’ve kept this as a draft since I started NaBloPoMo, waiting for a day when I wouldn’t have enough time to write a full-length post to publish.
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Answer the ten questions given to you by the nominator
tena couple other bloggers for the award who have less than two hundred followers
- Create ten questions for your nominees to answer
- Let the nominees know you have nominated them by going to their blog and telling them
1) How many trees live in your garden? If you don’t have a garden. how many trees live in your heart?
I don’t have a garden, but I do have a heart. And in this heart lives an uncountable number of majestic trees.
2) If you had to do one hobby for the rest of your life, what would you want it to be?
Ah, the great debate: writing or reading? I guess I’d choose reading, because writing is frustrating at times, and I’d now be able to focus on homework and not drift off to write something.
3) Do you know what a hobby horse is (because I don’t)? ‘
My guess is that it’s a horse with a lot of hobbies. It jogs, collects stamps, it often goes hunting for deer. Oftentimes the poor horse can’t seem to make time for all his favorite activities. They truly are tragic creatures.
4) What do you enjoy most about being nominated for awards?
I don’t have to write up a full length post, and I enjoy knowing that someone liked my blog enough to nominate me.
5) This is an open question. Tell the world what you think it needs to know.
Just keep on swimming, people.
6) How many books do you own?
Not nearly enough.
7) Which is your very favouritest book?
The Book Thief, but occasionally Paper Towns makes me feel all kinds of feels. Just the name of Paper Towns gives off a magical vibe. It makes me think of a town living inside a snow-globe on Christmas Eve for some reason.
8) How long do you spend on each blog post (on average)?
It varies drastically. On this post I’ve spent maybe ten minutes so far (award posts are easy; half of the post is copied and pasted), but on some posts I’ve spent several hours.
9) Has an animal ever tried to murder you?
I was attacked by a dog once when I was eight. He didn’t bite me or anything, (in fact I’m pretty sure he was just playing around) but he did scratch me like there was no tomorrow. We made up afterwards, and now the two of us are the best of pals.
10) What is the best thing you have ever done, ever?
As in the nicest thing? Hm, I can’t think of anything right now. Not to say I’m a bad person. I just do a lot of small, random acts of kindness because I can. I once brought a bunch of candy canes and gave them out to my entire homeroom. I occasionally write inspirational quotes on bathroom stalls. I always hold the door open for people (and when they don’t say thank you or even acknowledge my presence, it releases a fury inside me not even NyQuil can calm down). I like to think I’m mostly good.
Then again, I once held my brother down against his will and wrote all over his face with a sharpie marker, so maybe I’m not such a great person. But hey, what are brothers for?
Basically, anyone with under 200 followers who wants to participate can accept this award and post it on their blog.
- Dragons vs Vampires? And keep in mind, I’m not talking about the Twilight type of vampires; I’m talking about the evil suck-your-blood-in-your-sleep type of vampires you see in Salem’s Lot and Dracula.
- What’s the coolest thing you ever did?
- Which Doctor is your favorite? (If you’re not a Whovian, skip this one)
- What’s next on your to-read list?
- What’s next on your to-watch list? (as in, movies, TV shows, etc.)
- Is there a book that you hate that everyone else seems to love? If so, what is it?
- Do you have any ideas for positive pranking? (Explanation in this link here.)
- Who’s your favorite villain? (Books, movies, tv shows, etc.)
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Where’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?